CHNA 15 Launches Facilitated Learning Community Symposium on Suicide Prevention
Applications are now being accepted for CHNA 15's Learning Community Symposium on Suicide Prevention to be facilitated by Jon Mattleman, MS, Mental Health Consultant and former Director of Needham Youth Services.
The symposium aims to engage, educate, and empower participants to create impactful suicide prevention and intervention strategies and programming in their community or region.
The 4-part symposium will begin on October 11, 2017, and will include four 2-hour interactive meetings in which participants will:
- Revew data and assess community need and readiness;
- Complete assignments before and between sessions;
- Prepare a proposal for potential suicide prevention projects to present to peers for feedback and suggestions;
- Learn and share best practices;
- Understand and explore how funding opportunities from CHNA 15 can support programs that could be implemented in communities; and
- Earn CEU's (LICSW and LMHC).
Participation in this Learning Community Symposium will be free, and stipends will be available for part-time employees who would not otherwise be able to participate. Applications are due on September 29, 2017. Please share with your networks.
For more information, download an application.