Workshops and training are scheduled periodically and developed based on input from CHNA 15 members. Training is designed to enhance and strengthen the work of individuals, organizations and communities and address program content and capacity building topics.
LEARNING COMMUNITY SYMPOSIUM on Older Adult Behavioral Health
The Better Angels of Our Nature: Best Practices and Innovative Ideas to Support Our Elders During Difficult Times
Announcing CHNA 15’s sixth Facilitated Learning Community Symposium. On January 21, 2021, CHNA 15 will begin our sixth Learning Community Symposium. This Learning Community Symposium will focus on Best Practices and Innovative Ideas to Support Our Elders During Difficult Times. The goal of our Learning Community Symposiums is to bring together a group of 8-15 individuals who are interested in addressing behavioral health concerns in order to strengthen community connections through facilitative leadership and continuous learning by people of all ages working together for sustainable change. Learning Community Symposiums will meet four times for 2-hour interactive meetings in which participants will:
- Understand the unique challenges faced by older adults during COVID 19;
- Assess the impact of social isolation, ageism and other forms of discrimination on behavioral health;
- Review data on both risk and resiliency factors, and assess community need and readiness;
- Complete assignments before and between sessions;
- Learn and share best practices;
- Understand and explore how funding opportunities from CHNA 15 can support programs that could be implemented in communities; and
- Engage with colleagues from their own and other communities in a collaborative and fun way.
Workgroups will meet from 1:00 – 3:00 PM on the following dates:
- Thursday, January 21, 2021
- Thursday, February 25, 2021
- Thursday, March 25, 2021
- Thursday, April 29, 2021